Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Madness Continues


Although I have already done a Mad Hatter's tea party blog, that was just about cakes and cupcakes, but this time it's about a Mad party!



To start at the very beginning of the party planning I made these tea pot shaped invitations. I cut all the elements out by hand, which was a time consuming process, but I think they turned out rather cute.


This time for the Mad Hatter cake I was able to try something different as often people just want an exact replica of one they found on my website. It's still topsy turvy as most are with the cheshire cat as one of the tiers but it has the added fun elements of the teapot tier, large teacup and Mad hatter's hat. I also like the addition of the roses and hearts alluding to the red queen which is fun to bring in as this party had a few elements of Alice in Wonderland and not just a Mad Hatter's tea party. 

Many of the Alice elements were seen in the decor used in the party room. I had cutouts of the Red Queen and the Cheshire Cat as well as the Mad Hatter of course. These I made from corex and painted. As you can see in some of these pics I also had pompoms hanging from the ceiling.





I also made a 'this way' 'that way' sign that went next to the door


For the party packs I wanted to make them look like teacups. I used party buckets and added a handle and decorated them with flowers, hearts dots and so on. I then placed each one on a paper plate which acted as the saucer.


The thank you tag was in the form of a tea spoon.


The party table was setup for 10 kids and I used different colour chair covers to bring in the brightness and craziness of the Mad Hatter theme. I used cerise table cloths with white dots to make everything look cute and girly.



I love the way the table centre piece came out. I got this idea online, but I love alice's legs going down the rabbit hole and then again bringing in other Alice in Wonderland elements like the cards and toadstools as well as the Mad Hatter's stack of teacups, which couldn't be left out of a Mad Hatter's tea party.



And so ends yet another mad event and in the words of the novels great author

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here.” 








No comments:

Post a Comment