Friday 23 August 2013

Skylander Take Over

There always seems to be a new theme taking top position in the popularity contest of the kid's world. Recently it seems to be Skylanders. I'm still waiting to do the full event, but I've certainly been making a number of baked goodies for this theme.


I had to do 75 of these Skylander element cookies. I used royal icing for these but it was tricky getting the elements to look right. I'm not sure if we even have stencils for this kind of thing available in South Africa, but I landed up making my own make shift ones just by using paper. I cut the elements out of paper, placed them on the cookies and delicately traced around them. Perhaps not the most hi-tech of ideas, but hey it worked.

 I've also made some Skylander cupcakes recently. The sheep are from the game. As far as I remember you ram them to get jewels. I thought this was quite a cute idea instead of the elements. But I have done those in cupcake form as well...

This is the first of the Skylander cakes I made. I was sent this design by the client who found it online. I think the original image was actually done with a air brush to create all the different colours, but not having one of these I did this by hand with a paint brush and some powder color.



 

The client was still going to place the plastic figurines of the Skylanders that she had at home onto the cake.


However for my second Skylander cake I made the figurine topper.








So I've made the cookies the cupcakes and the cake, I guess now I'm just waiting for the full take over of a Skylander party...




1 comment: