Wednesday 15 May 2013

Mad Scientist Party

This party was definitely one of the most enjoyable parties I've planned. There are so many ideas to play around with and the thought of experiments and laboratories just appeals to my inner twisted child. 

The mom of the birthday boy very cleverly booked the MTN Science Centre in Cape Town and the party took place in a small private room right in the middle of the Science Centre and all it's experiments.



My main job was the food, as the Science Centre already created the perfect backdrop. I did however add a little bit of a decor touch with this dangerous looking birthday banner. I also added a little bit of decor to the table with glass jars and bottles filled with strange creatures, eyeballs and mysterious colored liquids, as well as some atom serviette rings.




The table was over flowing with science themed food just like these bubbling beaker cupcakes



As usual I couldn't throw a party without including my theme decorated lollipops


And then some food specifically for a science party. Sour worms in a petrie dish of jelly, marshmallow lab rats and beakers of popcorn.






These popular treats also dressed themselves up well for this science event. Test tube and beaker cookies and electron cake pops




                  



The mad scientist cake had all the necessary elements. A mad scientist taking center stage, bubbling over beakers, spilt test tubes, atoms, scientific theory and a lab rat.

For the drinks table I had jars filled with red and green cool drink.




I purchased the jar with the green cool drink in especially for this party because it comes with a built in tap which is great for getting just the right amount of juice out and looks very much like it belongs in a lab.



The kid's used these jars to fill up with the cool drink of their choice. I designed the label to make them look cute and added paper straws for aesthetics and practicality.

There was also water available for either the adults or the children. I also added science styled labels to these so they too could match the party.


The party packs I made for this party were meant to look like lab coats.They had pockets with a pencil in, the name of each child attending the party and some fun colorful glasses for each. I got this idea online from Spaceships and Laser Beams.


And just like the party pack implies this mad scientist party was a blast and all the little mad scientists and their creators had an amazing time.










No comments:

Post a Comment